We want to make sure that you stay safe as well as having a spooktacular time, we’ve put some of our top tips:
- Make sure you are using the correct light bulb for your fitting if changing for a funky colour
- Remember not to overload your plug sockets.
- If using an extension lead make sure it has sufficient length and number of sockets that you require, don’t try to plug in additional extensions lead in to double up.
- Don’t leave any lit candles unattended or alight if leaving the house for “trick or tricking” or you’re off to bed.
- Do not nail or metal staple lights to extension leads as this may damage the electrical cords insulation, which can lead to a fire or electrical shock
- Visually check our electrical decorations before using for any damage, burnt out or exposed wiring.
- If your decorating just remember not to keep them too close to a heat source as this can cause a fire.
- Before purchasing a Halloween outfit ensure you check the label, to see it complies with the British Stand BS5722.
- If you’ve got a full house or have children around the home why not consider an LED Lit candle instead of a real candle.
- After all that don’t forget to have fun.
Check out the Electrical Safety First monsters showing you the potential dangers in your home
Photo credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/black-and-white-blur-close-up-dark-237205/ by Pixabay.com