Easter Weekend Top Tips
Yes, it really is Easter coming up, we can’t believe it either. January dragged and just when you thought it wouldn’t end February jumped in and flashed right before our eyes, March is gone and here we are, in April, and Easter half term is upon us.
As the Easter Bank Holiday weekend is coming up we thought we would share some electrical tips if you decide to carry out some DIY. When we think of Bank Holidays, we think relaxing, sun and fun but we know that sometimes with a busy schedule odds and sods around the home can get forgotten and you can’t leave it any longer.
Just remember, safety first before you get stuck into any DIY ventures this bank holiday and follow our guide to stay safe.
Our Top DIY Tips
- Carry out a quick visual inspection around your home to look for any damage to electrical sockets, plugs and lighting
- If you don’t know what you’re doing, stop
- Always follow the manufactures instructions when using electrical tools this includes your gardening tools
- Before using electrical equipment make sure you do a pre user check by checking the power cord to see if it’s in good condition with no twists or damage to the outer sheath
- Check the plug is not damaged and is fitted correctly with no cables poking out
- See if the casing is damaged or cracked in any way
- Follow the manufactures instructions when using electrical tools
- Always use an RCD if you don’t have one fitted to the circuit you are plugged into
- If any of the items above are of concern then don’t start work
- Ensure you test your smoke detectors if you haven’t already checked this month
- Got the family at home? Create a safe working area for yourself so they won’t get hurt or obstruct you and make sure if you leave any power tools around, that they’re unplugged or in a safe place and out of reach
- Keep your work space tidy
- If you’re using ladders make sure you follow the manufactures instructions at all times
- Make sure you wear the correct safety clothing
- Protective goggles on
- Protective gloves on
- Dust mask on if required
- Keep a first aid kit near
Need an electrician over the Bank Holiday?
- Thursday 18th April – OPEN as normal
- Good Friday 19th April – CLOSED
- Saturday 20th April – CLOSED
- Easter Sunday 21st April – CLOSED
- Easter Monday 22nd April – CLOSED
- Tuesday 23rd April – OPEN as normal
We will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday but if you have an electrical emergency in Eastbourne or surrounding areas please give our emergency out of hours number a call on 01323 644570 to speak with an engineer, if the line is busy please leave a voicemail as this way we can contact you straightaway, without a message leaving your number we won’t be able to help you and we wont to avoid an disappointment.
We wish you all a happy Easter whatever you may be doing from all of us at Tectonic and don’t forget to give yourselves a well-deserved break.